Monday, July 14, 2008

Today has been awesome.

Really. I'm looking at my clock and thinking, wow, it's only 4:44, but today really cannot get much better. I should probably just go to bed. But in reality, I plan on grilling burgers later for dinner and maybe going to the beach for a bit. Life is rough.

But back to why today is so great:

1. I accepted the job at HMS advertising. They are paying me pretty darn well, giving me really good benefits, providing me with my own iMac to work on there, and best of all, in a few months, they are going to give me my own accounts to start working on. As in I will be in charge of them. That's ridiculous. I am a little nervous but also excited. It's a bit like the first day of school.

2. I am getting my Element tomorrow. I realize that doesn't have a lot to do with today, but it contributes to my excitement factor, so I am counting it.

3. I spent a good portion of the afternoon playing with Lani. The electricity was turned off in Kailua because they were doing some sort of construction work (apparently turning off the entire town's electricity for DOT maintenance is only odd to me. But after the initial WTF?, you kind of think, I'm in Hawaii, what do I need to be inside using electricity for anyway?) So Lani and I played in my little garden area. She entertained me more than I entertained her. She was getting tired of me harassing her after a while, I think.

She figured out she could lick the condensation off of my cup, and then seemed to think, wow, if the outside is this good, the inside must be great!

So she kept trying to knock my cup over. But it was cute. How can you get mad at something that looks like that?! She is really smart for being only seven weeks old.

4. I had a delicious Lanikai Juice this afternoon. I ate it before I remembered I was going to take a picture of it to post. They're just that good. Oh well, it will give me an excuse to go get another one sometime soon.

That's all for now. I start work on Wednesday, by the way. Love to everyone.

k

2 comments:

Dad said...

Good things come to obsessive compulsives who fixate !!!!
p.s.--always borrow money from pessimists--they never expect it back.
CONGRATS on the badass job !!!!!!!!! Talent always hits a target no one else can hit, but genius hits a target no one else can see-- You, my little hula dancer, are a genius.
love;
dad

<3Lina Bina said...

ktcakes
(one) love your dad's comment(s), the one about borrowing money is super on the money--no pun intended, or course, and the latter about you being a genius is well, genius, although you don't have to be a genius to know that!
(two) I feel extra witty late at night so apologies for this comment, the email I just sent you, and the two facebook wall dominations.
(three) congrats on being a Jr. Copywriter at HMS! I am SO proud and exciteddd for you. if you are anything like me on the first day of school, then you will love Wednesday like the big nerd you are (and that is why we are soulmates).
(four) our elements are already bonded across the ocean and the continent. kindred spirits. oh, love.
(five) did I mention that I can't wait to hear about your first day?!??!?!
(six) Lani is fn adorable. I want to shove her in my mouth and eat her! (not really, I know what you are thinking, fn asians, eat dogs... well, I don't, just metaphorically! some things are so cute you want to pop them in your mouf, okay? geez.)
(seven) I obsessively number things, mainly because I love lists.
(eight) Finally, I love you, xoxoxo, hook em, aloha!
<3Lina