Saturday, July 19, 2008

First things first....

My internet connection has been out, so I wasn't able to update and let y'all know that I actually started work yesterday, not Wednesday. Things were crazy around the agency and my boss called me to tell me to wait a couple of days to come in. That said, let me tell you about my first day:

Everyone at the office is super sweet. There are about 13 other people working in the office. They gave me a beautiful lei and were all very warm and welcoming. After filling out tax, legal, and health insurance papers, I got a tour of the office and a rundown of how things work. Then I got my first assignment, which is to create a template ad for AIG Hawaii when they do charitable sponsorships. I worked on that for an hour or so, and then I went with an Account Executive to an editing session for an AIG Hawaii TV spot. That was pretty interesting, because I have never worked on TV before. Then the clients came in, made a couple of suggestions, and approved it. Then we headed back to the office for a little while. All in all, it was a pretty good first day.

This is my little workspace. I think it's pretty nice. It makes me feel legit and grown up (in kind of a weird way).

This is the view from the creative side of the office. Not bad.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Wow !!! I like your new work spot. Your new motto should be " No sitting at the table if you're bringing nothing to it."Buy an umbrella & tennis shoes because parking looks to be a bitch.The umbrella because you've already learned Mother Nature can be a hateful whore & the tennis shoes to save your feet & GOOD SHOES.
lOVE
dad

<3Lina Bina said...

can your dad be my dad? I keep reading his comments and they are so motivating and endearing. truly, I am way too into his isms. it's probably because as an asian, I didn't grow up with these american sayings. Kenneth just made one up though, he prefaced it with, "there's a chinese saying that goes, 'two periods is better than one baby.'" ::rolls eyes:: boys!
anyways, I digress.
with your awesome car you can pack lots of stuff you might need. always have a fire extinguisher handy, trust me on that one. Kenneth has already used two. the first time he didn't have one he had to pee on someone's engine so it wouldn't explode. the umbrella and tennies are a good idea too. maybe you can help me bring back Keds? I just got red ones!!!
OH and when I send you correspondence, I expect you to put some at your workspace (ie. postcards from the ATX) so be prepared to be bombarded by prettiful papes!
lu and mu!
<3Lina