Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas is coming...

hard to believe! Especially when you don't experience winter in a traditional sense. Oh well, I'm not complaining, trust me.

I'd started a small wishlist on Amazon for those family members looking for little somethings to send--but my mom already bought everything on it, so take that up with her.

Seeing as how I have (or will have) all of the things I want and need, here is what I would love for Christmas, if you were planning on getting me a gift:

Please donate whatever you would have spent to one of the following charities (clicking on the name takes you directly to their online donation page):
I not asking you to do this to sound good, hoping you'll send me a check too for being so...whatever. Seriously, if you send me a check, I will just send it to one of the above charities. So, choose a cause you like and save me a stamp.

I have a number of reasons I wanted to do this:
  1. Like I said earlier, I already have everything I want and need.
  2. I don't have room for any more stuff really.
  3. I like all these charities, but I don't necessarily have the funds to make worthwhile contributions to all of them right now.
  4. I worry that with the economy the way it is, people are going to cut back on their charitable giving.
  5. I still haven't sent any of you thank you notes from my birthday...so...um...THANK YOU, by the way! No, but I really feel like I don't deserve to still be getting checks from all of you even though it is very, very sweet.
On a related note, I got a raise! So I am doing good right now. I don't need any more money or stuff.

Don't feel like you have to do anything for me, but if you were planning to, giving to a charity you like would make me really, very happy.

I have other stuff I've been meaning to blog about--these CrossFit classes I've been taking and pictures from the Pali lookout that I took over a week ago--but I am kind of wanting to veg out, so I don't know if I will get around to it tonight. We shall see.

Until later, best wishes.

k

1 comment:

Dad said...

I hope you have a de kine Thanksgiving. We miss you very much.Your Christmas requests exemplify the wonderful person you truely are.

On another note, shit am I sore from crossfit.